Friday 26 February 2010

Different than Some…

At lunch today, one of my friends said his grandmother forbade him to date Americans. Although I said nothing because it would be something very odd I feel to respond to, I felt compelled to write this afterward. I obviously don't know how all people feel but I feel compelled to say that I am glad I am somewhat open minded to every culture. I absolutely can not stand when people make assumptions on someone else due to where they were born. Sure, most people in that area may act in a certain way, but that doesn't mean all of them are the same. I don't think it's fair to judge someone on something they are unable to control, such as where they were born, but people do it all the time. I know it's a natural tendency and I try not to do it. To be honest, I may do it from time-to-time but I am certainly not inclined to. To be even more honest, I would definitely date a Scottish guy or a guy from any nationality really, as long as he fit my criteria as datable (amazing personality, good looks). It always makes me sad when people are this close minded. I'm guessing that's why I was compelled to write this today.
On the bright side of today, I woke up while my tutorial was starting and made it to the next one and it was fine with the tutor! YAY! AND I saw a blue VW Jetta, in the same late 90's model as mine as I was walking back to New Hall for lunch! These things, despite my sickness and the awful rain and wind that soaked my pants ("trousers") this morning, brightened my day… maybe the medicine also has something to do with it… maybe, also, the fact that I'm going to the DRA Ball tonight with my awesome new friend, Stuart… maybe because I'm having the time of my life in Scotland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment